Monday, August 29, 2011

New Makeup Haul

Okay so when it comes to my makeup I like to look natural but I still want my eyeshadow to show up.  Usually I wear browns and golds just because they go with everything but I've been meaning to expand my array of shadow colors but I've been skeptical about spending too much money on something that I might not like.  So last weekend was our state fair and I walked around all of the vendors and came upon one where they had a ton of cheap makeup.  All of their nail polishes were a dollar each and shadow palettes were around 2 and 3 dollars.  I ended up buying two nail polishes.  One was a Crackle one in a deep blue color and the other was a regular polish that was like a hot pink color.  Of course I had to try them right away so I applied the hot pink first.  It was weird because when it dried it looked like I used a marker to do my nails but that didn't bother me at all.  Next I applied the crackle one and it dried just the same as the other one and it actually did crack.  My only downside about these was that I took a shower like the day after and the polish came off so easy!  I expect my polish to last longer than a day so I was pretty disappointed.  I would not recommend these unless you want to keep doing touch ups. 
The next thing I bought from that makeup vendor was an eyeshadow palette from a brand I've never heard of called Amuse.  I bought this because I've been wanting a good glittery shadow.  I usually use a brush to apply and blend my shadow but you can't with these.  These are pretty much like a cream shadow that you can apply with your fingers but I just used the sponge it came with.  This takes some practice to get used to.  All in all I love this shadow.  The color is pretty intense and I like the shimmer.  I would definitely recommend it!!
So that's it and thanks for reading!! =)





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm just a girl who loves fashion, makeup, and life! To me, makeup is art and fashion lets you express yourself to the world. All of my reviews are one hundred percent honest and everything is purchased with my own money. One thing I hate is gurus who don't post an honest opinion because they're getting paid for it. My hope is to one day have a career in cosmetology and make everyone feel great about themselves. So check out my blog if you love makeup and fashion and all that wonderful stuff! Let's get to know each other! Thanks for stoppin by and have a beautiful day!! =)